Bollywood is loaded with paparazzi, gossip, glamour and well-kept secrets. To all those who think they know everything about the B-town, here are some amazing facts that would make you double-check all that you have ever known. These lesser-known titbits of 10 Bollywood Facts will blow your mind for sure.
1. Waheeda Rahman has played the roles of both lover and mother of Amitabh Bachchan. She played mother to Big B in Trishul (1978) and his lover in Adalat (1976). Sounds quiet bizarre, right?
2. The original choice for playing SRK’s role in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge was Saif Ali Khan. Not just that, that’s very hard to believe is the makers of the film even considered Tom Cruise for playing Raj Malhotra! Wait, what?
3. In Madhur Bhandarkar’s Heroine, Kareena Kapoor wore more than 130 dresses designed by the top fashion designers from all across the world. Bebo’s wardrobe for this movie was among the most expensive ones out of all the movies ever made in Bollywood!
4. ‘Rockstar’ was filmed in reverse; the climax was shot first. This was because the filmmakers didn’t want to ruin Ranbir Kapoor’s hairstyle.
5. The longest films ever created in India are Mera Naam Joker and LOC: Kargil. Both these films have a run time of 255 minutes.
6. The classic Mughal-e-Azam was actually a trilingual film. All its scenes were shot thrice in English, Tamil, and Hindi. However, when the Tamil version did terrible at the box office, the English one got aborted in no time.
7. Anil Kapoor, with his family, used to live in Raj Kapoor’s garage when he first shifted to Mumbai. Later, they moved to one of the rooms in a middle-class suburb of Mumbai.
8. The famous song ‘Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Sathiyon’ in the movie by the same name is the longest song to feature in a Hindi film. This iconic song is 20 minutes long and is played in three installments in the film.
9. Aamir Khan hails from the pedigree of the popular, eminent and highly revolutionary writer, Maulana Abul Kalam Azaad. Now we know where all that perfection comes from!
10. We Indians are the biggest movie buffs of all time. We buy over two million movie tickets throughout the year which is the highest in the world. However, the average ticket cost in India is one of the lowest in the world! Hence, the revenues are just a fraction as compared to Hollywood.
These were some mind-boggling, fabulous 10 Bollywood Facts which very few know about. Also, while we are at it, let us clear out one thing- did you know that Rajnikanth never really said, “Enna Rascala!”? Yeah, you didn’t. You are welcome.