Yet another star performer from the famous Phogat family. Like her sisters, Vinesh too has been a famous player for India for few years now. But this time she created history by winning gold at the Asian games in the Freestyle 50 kg event. She won the medal by defeating Japan’s Irie Yuki on the second day of the Asian Games. She has already gone viral and is trending everywhere, but how much do we really know about her? In this article, we present to you everything that you need to know about India’s latest star athlete.
- For starters, this gold medal was a birthday gift for herself. She was born on August 25, 1994. Could there be a better gift than this?
- She is the first in ehr family of athletes to have won a medal at the Asian Games. Her famous athlete cousin sisters Geeta and Babita have medals to their names at the Commonwealth Games, but never at Asian Games. Not just from her family, but Vinesh is the first woman wrestler from India to have won a gold medal at Asian Games. She has done India proud and how!
- If you think this is the first time she has won a medal at Asian Games, check your facts again. In 2014, she won a bronze medal at the Asian Games that was held in South Korea.
- The first step in her journey of being a great athlete and India’s pride was when she bagged bronze in the 2013 Asian Championships. Since then, there has been no looking back for her. This gold is just another feather to her cap. She has far bigger achievements to make.
- At the Rio Olympics in 2016, Vinesh Phogat had a serious injury that could have almost ended her career. She twisted her knee during the game when she was trying to do a leg hold on her rival in the Rio Olympics quarter finals. She had to be carried away from the ring, such bad was her injury.
- Do you know India could have almost lost this star wrestler? No, we aren’t talking about any accident. Turns out that the star wrestler was really interested in tennis, prior to becoming a wrestler. In fact, she even thought of making a career in tennis. Glad how things turned out since then!
- Did you know she was even suspended for a while from the Wrestling Federation of India, because of her indiscipline? Look how she shut them up with this gold.
That was all you needed to know about the athlete who made India proud, again.
Do you know Asian Games 2018 Indian Gold Medalist
Visit at :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBqfEQBmFc
Subscribe to our youtube channel for more gossip.